Trophy Pet Foods Franchise For Sale in Dorchester and Surrounding Areas
10th March 2020
Trophy Pet Foods Franchise For Sale in Dorset
Trophy Pet Foods Wessex, established over 16 years, is a North Dorset based Franchise of Trophy Pet Foods Ltd. Serving 200 local clients and generating a turnover in the region of £55,000 p/a from an average of one person working 35 hours per week, leaving plenty of opportunity for tangible and profitable growth.
The acquisition of an established franchise provides the opportunity for someone to tap into a large, well respected, tried and tested and supportive organisation with a strong brand and high ethical values. Additionally, the Franchisor is well known for providing market leading support from its UK based headquarters, as well as other Franchisees, and a proven launch system.
Trophy Pet Foods are market leaders in pet food home delivery and the original, and leading, mobile pet food Franchise in the UK. Trophy Pet Foods are full and active members of the British Franchise Association and are accredited by The Ethical Company Organisation. Trophy are proud to manufacture their food at their own plant in Northamptonshire and are passionate about their vision - they have always believed that quality nutrition is key to pet well being and a sound business model. They have been delivering this vision since 1991.
DT postcode (Blandford to Bridport to Crewkerne to Sherborne) plus a proportion of the BA22 (Yeovil) postcodes.
Western border: Charmouth - Crewkerne - Stoke Sub Hamdon - Ilchester
Northern border: Podimore - Sparkford - North Cadbury
Eastern border: Charlton Horethorne - Stalbridge - Todbur - Cashmoor - Winterborne Zelston
Southern border: Winterborne Zelston - Weymouth - Portland - Charmouth
- 200 current loyal clients equating to just 0.2% of the households maintained through and average of 32 hours per week.
- Won through existing client recommendations, canvassing and sponsoring shows etc.
- Over 100,000 residences. 40% of which are pet owners.
- Large urban areas listed above.
- Additional, new, residential housing has been approved and is under construction in:
- Blandford Forum, Bridport, Charmouth, Dorchester, Portland, Sherborne, Sturminster Newton, Weymouth and Yeovil
- The large towns, consisting of Bridport, Dorchester, Sherborne, Weymouth and Yeovil, are all steadily expanding resident numbers.
- There is huge potential for growth, through direct canvasing and sponsoring Dog Shows etc, with the area being made up of a mixture of rural areas with small to medium sized villages as well as towns of various sizes.
Turnover Cost of Sales Gross Profit
- To April 2017 £39,200 £21,900 £17,300
- To April 2018 £46,200 £25,900 £20,300
- To April 2019 £52,600 £29,500 £23,100
- To April 2020 £55,000 £31,800 £24,200 (forecast)
- Exclusive territory of all DT Postcodes (the whole of Dorset excluding Poole, Wimborne, Isle of Purbeck) plus the following postcode areas: BA22, TA 14, TA18.
- New and renewable 5-year licensing agreement with Trophy Pet Foods.
- 200+ active customers.
- Pet weighing scales & trade scales.
- 4 Days In-House training at Trophy’s Head Office in Northampton.
- One week of In-Field training within the Franchise area.
- One month of advice and support from current owner before handover to Head Office for the length of the franchise agreement.
- Show equipment which includes :-
- Pop-Up Gazebo (size: 3m x3m) with securable feet and zip-in sides with windows.
- 3 tier tables
- 1 white table
- Promotional literature
- Comprehensive operating manuals
- Access to the Franchise Development Team
- Lifelong support from Trophy Pet Foods HQ.
- A proven, profitable, workable system supporting a quality brand with numerous differentiators within a growing market.
Available by separate negotiation:
*Stock - The business requires a minimum of two weeks’ worth of stock (with a current value of c£2,000) at any point and this will be included in the sale to facilitate a smooth transition
**Vehicle – A 2016 (66 plate) liveried Citroen Despatch van could be included in the sale at market rate
***Storage – A weatherproof, rodent proof, secure feed and product storage unit measuring 8m x 6m, can be rented at market rate for an agreed period.
- Trophy pet foods has been established for over 28 years. The Brand is solid, and a British company run and owned throughout. Trophy make their own food, it is not bought in and bagged up.
- Franchisees have back-up and experience to call on when needed both with nutritional advice and business advice.
- British company.
- Most ingredients sourced from the UK.
Supports British farmers.
- Low road mileage on food.
- Cooked in small batches to ensure freshness.
- Traceability with all ingredients.
- No artificial preservatives or additives.
- Cost effective for customers in a competitive market.
Marion Clemens. As well as running this Franchise area, Marion, who is an independently Level-3 qualified Nutritional Advisor, is also employed by the Franchisor to make up part of the Franchise Development Team for Trophy Pet Foods.
- The current owner will provide a comprehensive handover for 2 weeks.
- Initial and ongoing training and support is provided by the franchisor.
Training & Support
Initial training consists of a four days workshop run at the Northamptonshire based Head Office and is conducted in a single week. This is followed by five days In-Field training conducted in the franchise area with Marion, the current Franchise owner.
This is followed by a one-day workshop provided approximately three months after the initial training at HQ.
Additional training can be provided as necessary and will include:
- Independent Level-4 Nutritional Qualification (attained through a distance learning course)
- Regional workshops to network with your fellow Trophy franchisees
- Franchisees have access to their own personal trainer who carries out all support, development and growth plans.
- Marion will provide in field training for 4 days as part of the Franchise development team and the FDT will provide advice and support as necessary throughout the tenure of the Franchise. Trophy Pet Foods prides itself on committing that a Franchisee will never be left alone and isolated within the Trophy Pet Foods family, starting from initial training and the press releases linked to a launch.
- Ongoing support is crucial, and Trophy Franchisees benefit from excellent communications, product development, free promotional literature, local and national digital advertising, help with growing the customer base, regional meetings, a franchisee council, motivational support and the appointment of a personal trainer.
- Seasonal newsletters for customers, brand building programmes, the Trophy website and social media are also part of the package alongside an Annual Conference, a customer referral scheme and show /event support.
An independent, professional, qualification is available to Trophy Franchisees which is an independently certified Level-4 and CPD recognised course in pet nutrition and UK pet food legislation programme. This independently assessed professional qualification will allow Franchisees to offer professional advice to their customers.
This will add value to the Trophy services, ensuring customers receive the best nutritional advice and helps improve customer retention.
The possibility of expansion really depends on the amount of time you can put into the business.
Some Trophy franchisees have small shop retail outlets or with a partner run dog sitting/training/boarding services.
Trophy Wessex currently has c200 customers, with regular canvassing/shows/recommendations this could easily build to 300+ within a year.
Competition / Market:
The pet food industry is lucrative and growing. There is obvious competition in the form of shops or on-line but the appeal for many pet owners is the free home delivery offered with Trophy and access to a nutritional adviser (the franchisee) who can help with all stages of their pet's life.
Reasons for selling:
Retirement was being planned but recent ill health has brought the need to sale forward a year.
Find out more about this resale by clicking the button below now!
Enquire About This Resale
Other Resale OpportunitiesTrophy Pet Foods Franchise For Sale in Hastings, East Sussex listed on 20th September 2019Trophy Pet Foods Franchise For Sale in Sidcup, North West Kent listed on 1st October 2019Trophy Pet Foods Franchise For Sale in Wakefield, Huddersfield & Surrounding Areas listed on 6th February 2020
What Our Franchisees Say
Job satisfaction is key and we have found it with Trophy.L Weir
The best thing I have every done – should have done it years ago!John Thurley
Delighted with my first year, we ended year one ahead of target.Pamela Conroy
Why Choose Us
Low cost entry, big rewards, great job satisfaction
Individual support and back up, with Trophy you are not a number
British Pet Foods, supporting British agriculture and farmers
Related Franchise Categories
Related Franchise Types