- BFA Membership StatusFull
- UK Years Established24 years
- Current UK Coverage60%
- Franchisee Support Staff16
- Personal Investment Req.£8,995
- Total Startup Cost£20,000 approx
- Home-based business locationYes
- Business to consumer servicesYes
- Franchisee operates individuallyYes
At Oscar we understand how important your Pet and their health is to you. For that reason we have put together some tips to help you and your Pet enjoy a fun-filled, safe and happytime throughout the summer months.
- The heat breeds fleas and parasites - causing very unpleasant skin conditions if not treated. Prevention is better than cure and Oscar can supply you with all the right treatments to keep the bugs away.
- Grooming - in the summer you need to pay extra attention to brushing and combing your pet’s coat. Removing any loose hair and tangles will help them to feel clean and fresh.
- Water – plenty of it! Always make sure that their water bowls are full of fresh, clean, cool water. Never go out for a walk without taking water with you.
- Keep your pet in the shade or in a cool area at all times - overheating is dangerous.
- Pets with pale skin really do need to wear a sun block – especially on their nose and ears.
- Animals too experience skin damage from intense sun rays.
- Heat exhaustion is a little like sunstroke – if your pet is panting excessively, drooling and restless you must slowly cool it down and then go to the vet.
Dogs die in hot cars. Pet owners must realise that there is no safe way to leave a dog in the car during warm or hot weather conditions.
- If you park your car in the shade, the position of the sun will change.
- A little sun can turn a car into an oven with temperatures of over 49 degrees.
- Dogs' only sweat glands are on the soles of their feet, and up to 90% of their body is covered with hair. Panting and salivating causes them to lose massive amounts of fluid and they dehydrate quickly.
- Very young and old animals are more susceptible to heat.
- Leaving windows open or putting a bowl of water in the car does not help.
If a dog becomes overheated, give it an immediate shower or bath in cool water. Call the vet as soon as possible. Once a dog goes into shock and loses consciousness it may be too late! (Information RSPCA)
Come rain or shine it’s cool to be connected with Oscar
To find out more information about OSCARS just click below to request your FREE franchise information pack
Why buy a resale business?
An established resale franchise is a positive investment. They become available from time to time, offering a solid foundation you can maintain and build on successfully.
What Our Franchisees Say
The OSCAR Training Scheme embraces all the skills required to build a successful business, and can be tailored to suit individual strengths and weaknesses. The training will have a positive impact on the business if there exists a determination and drive to implement it fully from day one.Frank Newsome - OSCAR Pet Foods - Wrexham
I had the desire to work for myself but wanted the reassurance of not going totally alone. I liked the OSCAR approach – taking every opportunity to speak with other franchisees before making my final decision.Kim Stanier - OSCAR Pet Foods - Birmingham
From building society management to managing my own business - my future was secured by the OSCAR brand, the OSCAR support and their friendliness.Tracey Marsh - OSCAR Pet Foods - Lewes
Why Choose Us
PR launch with full support including a competition with a local publication
Professional Microchipping Course including starter pack with scanner
All OSCAR franchisees receive automatic registration to 'Outbound' telemarketing campaign covering your area
Related Franchise Categories
Related Franchise Types